Room heater is one of the favorite home appliances bought by most North Indians during the winter season. In Delhi, the temperature below 10 degrees is quite normal.
Who can forget the cold in December when your toe starts feeling freezy inside the shoes and steam comes out of your mouth.
Even a touch of warmth is enough to make you feel good, isn’t it? Though, room heaters can give you that comfort and joy.
Room Heaters come in different variants & types, few of them are Fan, infrared heaters, and oil-filled room heaters.
Let’s get in details before you buy the best room heater for winters.
Top List of Products
- Things to Consider When Buying a Room Heater
- Which Room Heater is Best? Let’s Know How
- Best Electric Room Heaters in India 2022
- Best Room Heater India- Less Power Consumption
- Best Halogen Room Heaters in India 2020
- Best Radiators in India 2022
- Convection Heater vs Radiator Heater vs Oil Filled Space Heater
Things to Consider When Buying a Room Heater
Power consumption and the size of the room heater is more important than anything else, measure the area you want to surrounded by heat as well. The Amazon chart will help you how to choose the best room heater with the room size and heater wattage.
Room heater comes with multiple inbuilt functions you should ensure safety measures while buying a room heater for home use.
Buying a room heater for a specific purpose then choose to go with our table that will lead you in the right way.
Ok… Answer the below question-based on the above table. You will get more clarity about which type of heaters would suite you well.
- Which room heater is best?
- Which type of room heater is good for health?
- Which type of heater will cost you less?
- Which room heater is the most energy-efficient?
- Which room heater will be the best for a larger area?
- Which one is the best room heater for a baby?
- What type of heater is good for child safety?
Best Electric Room Heaters in India 2022
Room heater consumes a lot of gas or electricity used to heat up space in less time. But such room heaters are likely to cost a lot more than a central heating system. Electric heaters are considered to be 100% efficient as electric heaters will turn all the electricity use into heat only.
The price range defines your budget. You can have any type of heater but the best electric room heaters are a bit higher as they provide extra functions for heating settings compare to other cheap heaters (i.e. price starts from Rs 1500 to 4000).
#1. Usha Fan Heater 3112 PTC
- Usha is the most reliable brand in India. Model 3112 comes with an adjustable thermostat that allows you custom control overheating requirements in a small room.
- Duel power heat (1200 and 2000 Watts), thermal cut-off settings and duel fan setting both work excellent. You can use the product as a heater in winters and fans in summers.
- Built with heat protection layer and casing which keep your baby safe and get your room filled with heat in less time.
- The heater will cut off automatically after the set level is achieved and not too noisy. Usha 3112 room heater comes with a year warranty and 1.81 kg weight.
- If you are looking for a heater for a large big sized room or severe winters than you may get disappointed with the performance.
#2. Orpat OEH-1260 (2000 Watt) Room Heater
- ORPAT is a group of companies based in the state of Gujarat. Model OEH-1260 is best for small and medium rooms, also comes with safety cut and thermal cut for added safety.
- Heat settings are between 1000 and 2000 Watts and can be used as a fan in summers which solves two purposes together.
- An attractive feature is the minimal amount of time taken by the heater to warm your room with less power consumption.
- You get a cord winder facility with this blower room heater which comes with a 1-Year warranty. We count this heater full value for money and quite economical for home.
- Perfect watt elements, lightweight and works fine for a standard room to get heated.
- The cord of the heater might be a bit shorter than you expect to buy a 15AMP extension.
- The availability of service centers might be an issue.
#3. Usha Fan Heater 1212 PTC (500 Watt)
It’s one of the good looking product of Usha, well wooden shade outer look feels more luxurious and cool by design.
- Made of fire retardant strong ABS Housing (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) is a common thermoplastic polymer)
- ISI mark (ISI mark is a certification mark for industrial products in India)
- Adjustable thermostat heating will regulate the temperature in the room to keep it warm and cozy with instant heat.
- Portable fan heater (PTC Heating Elements) with inbuilt grip, safety, power-saving, and longer life Safety.
- Built with compact design and the power cord is about 5ft long.
- It comes with a 1-Year warranty.
- Usha fan heater 1212 PTC will not be a good choice for a medium to a large room.
- Fan speed. is a bit slower than other heaters
#4. Bajaj RX 11 (2000 Watt) Compact Heater
- Bajaj RX 11 room heater is specially designed for the small rooms. A speedy fan provides you quick forced hot air circulation. Let’s check the features of Bajaj appliances like room heaters which are known for high quality and durability.
- The RX11 electric heater comes with the two-watt setting: 1000 KV and 2000 KV
- Small, safe and lightweight and works well at level 2 in settings.
- This Bajaj convection model heater has an international design and cool-touch housing.
- Tune the adjustable thermostat on to get the desired temperature inside the room.
- Triple safety layer, thermostat, auto thermal cutout, thermal fuse.
- A made in India product which comes with 2 years of warranty.
- It is a bit noisy but works absolutely fine for a small room.
#5. Orient Fan Heater HC 2003D
- It comes with two fans which provide faster heating throughout the room. The portable size of the heater makes it easy to place anywhere at home.
- Nightlight is an additional function that helps to avoid accidental touches or fall at night. Temperature control knob to adjust the temperature of the room.
- Power auto cut-off occurs too early as compared to other room heaters.
Best Room Heater India- Less Power Consumption
We have revealed the most reasonable room heaters by the price list. We are considering them cheap in terms of money, not quality. These are the most trustable brands that manufacture the best heater for winters without any compromises. Overall design and performances of room heaters are outstanding and best for home use in India
#6. Eveready Room Heater QH800 (800 Watt)
- Eveready is a well-known brand among Indians, also makes power cells. Eveready room heater has a dual heat setting and comes with two quartz tubes for direct heating to the object.
- Advance durable room heater by Eveready has better safety features and switch cuts off power to avoid accidents.
- A carry design provides the convenience of use, you can put it anywhere in a room.
- 800 watts hard plastic room heater price is about 1300 (under 1500) which is so cheap.
- One year on-site warranty is available with the product.
- Not for a big sized room
#7. Orpat Fan Heater OEH-1220 (Best for Small Room)
- First, It is a portable room heater comes with a compact lightweight design for consumers.
- Second, it is Amazon’s first choice room heater, rated 4 stars and has over 3000 reviews on Amazon.
- Best buy for a medium and small room and comes under cheap heaters in India.
- Pure copper wire motor and 1000 to 2000 watts heat setting ensure the durability, consume less power compare to space heaters by Usha.
- It has better safety features like cool to touch turn off and on.
- Not a good option for large roomsAs mentioned earlier too that availability of Orpat service centers is very less in India.
#8. Maharaja Quartz Heater Whiteline Quato (800 Watt)
- Maharaja heater is one of the best cheap room heaters which has a dual heat setting (400 and 800 watts).
- Power consumption is too less if you do not have much use of a heater or needless heat then go for it.
- The design is quite noticeable and doesn’t look like a heater.
- You will get one year warranty.
- There is no thermal cut off and fan.
- It has a very low heating system.
Best Halogen Room Heaters in India 2020
Halogen room heaters are one of the oldest room heaters used by most Indians consumers. Usha steam would be the right choice if you would love to go with old patterns of heating rooms.
You should buy a halogen room heater for better heat without thinking of size as they can give you some extra boost in-room heating.
#9. Usha Steam Heater SH 3508H Microfiber
Best one – My Favourite, Amazon first choice and 4-star rating room heater.
- Usha room heater has a humidifier that helps maintain the oxygen and moisture in the air. It has a steam function (300ml is enough for 6 hours) for heating which is the best thing in it.
- 400 and 800 watts modes save the power consumption and perfectly suited for typical room size.
- Usha Quarto 800 comes with two quarts that are enough to warm you around the room too.
- It is a sleek and portable heater.
- Two handles are not much durable
- It is not so powerful as it is energy efficient, best for a small room.
#10. Orpat radiant heater ORH 1410 1000 watt
- Orpat radiant heater has a stylish and compact design with a power consumption capacity of 1000 watts.
- The heater has a nickel chrome plated mesh grill and a bright nickel chrome plated reflector gets instant heating in the room.
- Orpat ORH-1410 1000-watt radiant heater counted under International Ergonomic Heater, you will get 2 years warranty.
- It is also extremely simple to install as all it requires is an electricity-outlet to plug the device.
- It can maintain the temperature between 30-40 degrees.
- It’s a bit cheap
- Not suitable for larger areas like a hall.
#11. Bajaj Minor 1000-Watt Room Heater
Our last pick not the least at all. We would give it 8 numbers out of 10 when it comes to long-lasting room heater life. You can rely on quality used by Bajaj in making a new generation room heater. The heat distribution all over the room is supported with Nickel chrome plated mesh grid and reflector and when it comes to design, you need very little space to place it anywhere in your room.
- Bajaj heater has a 1000W heat setting and warms the room in a short span of time.
- The heater is ISI marked so no need to worry about superior heating elements.
- It doesn’t burn the Oxygen so stay healthy and keep your child safe.
- Bajaj Minor comes with 2-Years of the product warranty.
- Good for bachelor’s room or PGs where a rough and tough room heater is required.
- Looks cheap by design but excellent by quality.
- Not a good option for a large area.
Best Radiators in India 2022
Radiators heaters are basically called Oil-filled heaters but we call them commercial and industrial heaters, good for larger areas and considered best for health and safety purposes. If you are planning to invest for a long term in a product then go for these types of heaters.
Oil-filled radiators will cost you around 10 to 15 thousand, few of the models come under 10000 too. We would strongly recommend only radiators if you have a decent budget.
After doing lots of research we have found three best oil filled radiators India 2018.
#12. Havells Room Heater OFR 9Fin 2500-Watt
Havells Room Heater comes with three models that are currently available in the market.
- Havells OFR – 11Fin 2900-Watt PTC Fan Heater
- Havells OFR – 13Fin 2900-Watt PTC Fan Heater (Black)
- Havells OFR 9 Fin 2500-Watt PTC Fan Heater (White)
PTC heater (Positive Temperature Coefficient) is a unique technology that eschews traditional resistance wire and replaces it with ceramic stones or chips.
It comes with a three-dimensional power setting which makes it unique for customers. You can set it on or off as the winter starts and comes to an end accordingly or adjust as per weather outside, If too cold then adjust it to a bit high power setting and vice-versa than keep it at the low power level.
Safety of heater is on the top you can keep them around babies or any kid without any worries.
Best room heater made by Havells that has been rated 4 stars on Amazon.
- The cost of the heater might be an issue. If you buy quality home appliances then it will be the best heater.
- Space adjustments in a small room for such heaters might be a problem, good for the big-sized room.
#13. Bajaj Majesty Radiator without Fan RH 9 Plus
- See, all three oil filled radiators have very nominal differences in heat setting and safety concerns, so there is no use of finding differences.
- Designs are also looking quite the same, you have to make your mind and put stress over the brand name only as you already have that budget. Again, Bajaj is counted under best home appliances makers in India, room heaters are also one of them.
- Bajaj Majesty RH 9 Plus comes with 3 power heating, works without a fan and best one compares to non-oil filled heaters.
- If you are planning to buy a heater for the hall area then go for Bajaj Majesty. It can turn your hall (almost trouble of your bedroom) into a cozy place within few hours.
- It keeps maintaining the moisture, built with thermal safety and designed to move with castor wheel.
- Price might be an issue.
Convection Heater vs Radiator Heater vs Oil Filled Space Heater
Making a choice between convection, Oil-filled and radiation room heaters are a bit complicated task. All type of heaters is considered as good as the budget goes up.
Define your budget and go through our guide throughout the entire article and click to choose the best one that comes under your budget.
Home appliances vary as the functions and features keep updated year by year. However, you may have confusion regarding multiple types of room heaters. Now, you should know differences between room heaters and types of room heaters(i.e Radiation heater vs Convection heater vs Oil-filled room heater).
1. Fan Heater
Fan heater heats the air in the room and designed as portable electric heaters for home use you can choose the best room heater for winter with a fan which primarily heats the air in the room by forced convection, heat advection typically used to increase the rate of heat exchange. Excellent for heating up space in the quickest possible time. There is a ceramic coil for heating the air around it.
They are more easy to use and equipped with more functions compare to radiant heaters.
Types of Fan Heaters,
- 1Blower Room Heater
- 2Convection Heater
- 3Ceramic Room Heater
2. Infrared Heater
Infrared heaters which have radiate infrared light strikes objects and heat up directly, heating the intervening airless compared to fan heaters. They warm the objects and not the air itself, you will feel warm almost instantly.
These types of heaters tend to be less expensive compared to Fan heaters and Oil-filled heaters.
Types of infrared heaters,
- 1Radiant Heater (Rod Type Heater)
- 2Steam Heater
- 3Halogen Heater
3. Oil Filled Room Heater
Oil-filled radiators primarily heating the air in the room by natural convection
We consider Oil Filled room heaters are one of the best room heaters. Mention the quality and what are the best.
They are more expensive room heaters compared to Fan heaters and Radiant heaters.
After reviewing lots of room heaters we found Usha is the most durable in this category of home appliances. Further, Bajaj and Orpet both make the best small room heaters.
If you are planning for a medium-range sized room than Usha heaters would be the right choice.
Still, you can hold a budget and ready to spend INR 10000 than Havels and Usha is unbeatable in the Oil-filled room heater category.